Best Wired Security Camera Systems 2021
It is possible to protect your home, office, or business premises from intruders and also keep an eye out for pest animals like cats or dogs with the help of video cameras. However, buying components separately is not always a very straightforward or cost-effective option. Therefore it is worth considering a complete security camera system. In this article, we aim to compare the best options on the market currently. We’ve included the topmost functional, highly rated, and reliable kits according to the user and expert reviews, and we’ve also found the best wired security camera system reports for you.
What is the Best Wired Security Camera System?
Before we start the review, let’s first understand what a security system kit is, for what purposes it is used, as well as – what it consists of and what the various brands can offer at various price points.
The visual analysis or monitoring of images, carried out via the use of optoelectronic devices, would be an overly technical but accurate way to describe video surveillance. In reality, it is a simple and reliable way to watch events take place at institutions, enterprises, offices, stores, warehouses, large estates, apartments, houses, summer cottages, etc, via the constant monitoring and recording of the actions of potential thieves, intruders and undesirable actors, such as stray cats and dogs, or pest animals.
However, a video camera only is usually not enough to monitor and record events taking place at the location we wish to observe, i.e., a person who is trespassing on your private property while you are not at home. The entire surveillance process is carried out via the interaction of various hardware devices controlled by easy-to-use intuitive software.
A security system kit includes separate parts, each of which performs a specific task, the whole adding up to a working surveillance system, which can monitor, record, and transmit moving images, as the user desires.
In general, it is possible to distinguish several basic functions or benefits of owning and using such security systems:
- prevention of harmful actions of one kind or another (e.g., tracking staff and customers in the store).
- control, detection, and study of illegal (criminal) situations.
- providing control over personnel activity, labor efficiency evaluation.
- providing visual control over certain objects or areas (for example, to prevent theft in the warehouse).
The best home wired security camera system: the main components
Full-fledged security video systems include:
- surveillance cameras.
- housings and brackets.
- rotating mechanisms.
- video recorders.
- infrared illuminators.
- video recorders.
- devices for video processing: video switchers, video multiplexers, matrix switchers.
- motion sensors.
- equipment for video transmission.
All other elements in complete sets are auxiliary (cables, power supplies, lightning protection devices, etc.).
The Best Wired Security Camera System: manufacturers.
Here we will evaluate manufacturers of mid-priced kits and above. Each of the manufacturers naturally has pros and cons to the kits which are offered.
The following companies, from our research, represent some of the best manufacturers out there today, producing some of the best cameras you can want to have in your security system.
Ginzzu – The firm specializes in consumer and digital products, as well as equipment for protecting private homes and commercial properties. It has both individual cameras and complete kits that are ready to use. They feature easy installation, high resolution, and detailed images, good sound quality, and easy setup. We are talking about wired devices, which are designed to connect 4-8 cameras, depending on the specific set.
HiWatch – a subsidiary of concern Hikvision, a Chinese giant in the development and implementation of solutions for analog and IP video surveillance. The brand was created in 2012 as an alternative manufacturer of cheap budget equipment, which is used in homes or for security monitoring of small and medium-sized businesses. Significant cost reduction was achieved by the introduction of innovative technologies, optimization of production, plus modernization of some functions.
Due to economical prices, combined with the highest quality technology sharing from Hikvision, the brand HiWatch quickly gained popularity among companies and individuals. The systems are used in the surveillance of parking lots, small stores, boutiques, entrances, intercoms, offices, warehouses, catering facilities.
Hikvision is a leading global provider of innovative products and security systems. Founded in 2001, the company has evolved from a small organization with 28 employees to a global corporation with over 34,000 employees and 16,000 R&D engineers. Thanks to a very strong team of developers and continuous implementation of innovations, the company has for several years taken a leading position in the market of video surveillance and security systems.
Complex product solutions produced by Hikvision include video surveillance systems, video walls, ACS, intercom, security alarm systems with up to several TB of internal memory. Hikvision promotes the use of key technologies in audio and video coding, video processing, and data storage, as well as advanced technologies such as cloud computing, big data, and deep learning. In addition to the video surveillance market, Hikvision offers solutions for the smart residential home, industrial automation, and robotics according to its long-term development strategy.
ALFA – the company supplies the market with intercoms, alarms, cameras, and complete sets for the protection of the desired location. It has devices for mounting both on the wall and the ceiling or integrated into fire alarm systems. Their main advantages are a wide viewing angle – over 90 degrees, the ability to connect accessories, such as a microphone or instant on-motion sensors, depending on the model, plus built-in memory for saving up to 125 GB of recorded video.
Longse Electronics – under this brand name is a producer of equipment for video surveillance in private and commercial areas. All equipment is carefully tested before going on sale, which, in particular, allows it to meet international quality standards RoHS, FCC, CE. Its devices have a high resolution (1920×1080), are resistant to moisture, and are safely protected from dust and low temperatures to an IP65 standard. Their body is made mainly of corrosion-resistant metals, ensuring a long service life. Almost every model has built-in IR illumination with a range of up to 20 m.
Safurance – devices produced under this brand name are affordable, well-equipped with high build quality. There are both wired and wireless video surveillance kits available, which do not require cables for installation. They include 4 cameras, although this number can vary, depending on the particular set. Among their main features are the high sensitivity microphones, the small size of cameras, image clarity, plus excellent download speed.
Ivue – on the pages of the catalog of this brand you can find individual cameras, DVRs, and sets, fully equipped with everything you need for installation. The main bulk of the range is focused on wireless systems, which are controlled remotely but there are hardwired systems also. They include 2 or 4 cameras, more rarely 8. They support synchronization with cell phones, have IR illumination with a range of up to 25 m, work at low but not critical temperatures, have high-resolution recording and detailed images.
Camdrive is not just a manufacturer of video surveillance equipment, but a full-service provider of video surveillance. It offers IP cameras with the ability to send a activate in the presence of motion, which allows you to organize video surveillance and alarm systems in sensitive areas. It provides recording to a memory card and provides WIFI network support. The key features of their products are quality night shooting, two-way audio, sensitive built-in microphones, and effective noise reduction systems, which allows the systems to record even very low sounds in the environment being surveilled
Basic Types of Best Wired Home Security Camera Systems.
The different types of the best wired security camera systems are fundamentally different from each other. Below, we’ll give a brief description of the main types with their approximate cost and talk about the pros and cons of each.
Analog equipment, none digital, is now technologically obsolete, a bygone era of security television surveillance. However, some users still prefer the format and options are available within the market.
The basis of the mechanism is a surveillance camera – an optical device with a CCD, which reproduces a video message from the stream of visible light penetrating through the lens.
The footage is recorded on a tape recorder and displayed on the screen. The technology is limited in its abilities due to the nature of an analog recording. For image manipulation to occur the footage would have to be converted from the analog source to a digital image, usually at the expense of time and cost.
In order to control archival video material without stopping the live recording, two tape recorders are required. It takes time to rewind the cassette and a professional and expensive printer must be used to print out the desired frame.
Other disadvantages of this mechanism include the lack of stock to increase the functionality of the machine, the lack of ability to maintain higher than one audio channel, and the need for continuous maintenance, due to many moving parts.
Among the advantages are the wide range of camera models, their compatibility with already installed equipment, as well as ease of operation (a small number of operating algorithms).
For many, there are still advantages, such as the low cost of mounting and running the system, as well as the acceptable cost of the set – an average of $120.
Surveillance systems can include both analog and digital components. The system would include an analog signal from the camera, coupled with digital recording. Within the system the following equipment is used, a digital video recorder (DVR) with a hard drive, an analog input for connecting a coaxial cord, and a similar output for connecting to the viewing screen.
Compared with a pure analog system, this best wired security camera system has more advantages – better recording quality, no need to frequently change the recording media, plus you can quickly find any necessary replacement components.
In addition, when a motion detector is added to the system, sound and video are recorded only at the moment of object movement, which greatly simplifies the tracking procedure, as well as saves hard drive space.
However, this system does have its disadvantages – the need for expensive coaxial cabling, which in turn complicates the installation procedures.
It should also be noted that system limitations include a low number of inputs into the recording device. In addition, the transformation of the signal from analog to digital and vice versa introduces a reduction of picture quality, due to the conversion process.
The approximate price at which you can buy a combined analog digital security system is $150.
HYBRID – the best wired security camera system of 2021.
Hybrid video surveillance systems are generally used by professionals to secure important facilities. The core of this system is a hybrid recorder, which allows you to connect both analog and network-enabled cameras. This is made possible by the presence of different connectors and a link to connect to the local network.
Mixed Pro DVR allows you to view the picture, not only locally (on the screen of the system monitor), but also on a remote basis. This allows geographical limitations to be overcome, for instance, staff viewing the security footage could be based off site, allowing them to potentially be monitoring multiple locations from one central control room.
The only disadvantage is that with a significant multiplication of the number of cameras and increasing functional resources it is often necessary to replace expensive equipment. In addition, the development of recorders usually lags behind the speed of modernization of computer technology.
Given the advanced features of the hybrid pro set, the price is noticeably higher than that of the combined set – on average from $300 upwards. However, it is possible to find more budget options around $200.
A network security video system, is at its core, an Internet Protocol (IP) video camera. This camera has an individual IP address accessible from within a browser or specific control software. A networked computer of any kind acts as a recording device; any standard computer can record the output of the camera directly to their hard disk drives.
There are several advantages that prove the superiority of the network variant over its predecessors:
- significant reduction in installation costs.
- possibility to visually supervise the object of surveillance and operate the camera equipment on-site or remotely (e.g. through a PC).
- high picture quality.
- there is a function to switch to a backup infrastructure;
- the system functions autonomously.
- sound transmission capability.
- deep customization options can install one or two cameras at a site or thousands, a highly scalable solution.
- the power supply for the device is provided by one wire only;
- the possibility of implementing a decentralized collection and processing of video material.
- the mechanism is based on open technical solutions, allowing the use of auxiliary components of different brands;
- an easy-to-integrate, modern platform.
For all the many pluses of the IP system, there are a few factors to consider:
- small video signal delay that occurs when decompressing and transmitting the data stream over the network.
- the high cost of the kit (from $400).
The Best Wired Outdoor Security Camera System: additional division into types.
By installation location.
- Outdoor – Installed outdoors. Accordingly, they must be protected from the weather, rain, snow, wind, while also being able to withstand temperature changes from hot to cold. This increases their cost.
- Indoor – Mounted indoors. They differ from external ones in that sealing of the housing is not required, protection against moisture and dust is not needed, and the range of operating temperatures is less. This reduces the price of devices.
According to the type of design.
- Dome – The casing is shaped like a semicircle. Can be installed outside or internally on the ceiling or wall. No need for brackets. Most often used indoors.
- Cylindrical – Named after the shape of the housing. Have canopies to protect against light. Most often used on streets. Mounted to the wall with a bracket.
- Rotary – Distinguished by the fact that they can be controlled remotely by the operator. The device has a built-in electric motor that controls the position. There are dome and cylindrical designs available. These can offer wider viewing angles, plus motorised camera motion allows fewer blind spots in the camera’s range.
- Hidden – They are distinguished by their diminutive dimensions. They are installed so as not to be conspicuous. Their use is often controlled by laws.
According to the way they are connected.
- Analogue – These types of devices are connected by a coaxial cable that transmits an analog television signal. It is fed to the recorder or monitor. You can also view it on a regular TV. Inexpensive, but data storage requires large drives. Usually, hard drives from 1TB and up are installed, and also do not require an Internet connection.
- Digital – Modern designs. The image is transmitted directly and digitally to the recorder or monitor. Some models are equipped with a memory card for standalone use.
- Wireless – A variety of digital devices, but with the ability to transmit data via Wi-Fi using the internet or Bluetooth, excluding the use of coaxial hardwire. The function is performed by a wireless modem. Some models work on a mobile connection, dropping the video to cloud services or the owner’s smartphone. Such devices can work completely autonomously without connection to the video recorder.
This can include a huge list of functions. Here are just a few of them:
- Network Video Recording – NVR.
- PIR Sensor.
The Best Outdoor Wired Security Camera System: technical parameters to consider when choosing.
Let’s consider some of the technical parameters involved in choosing the best wired security camera systems for outdoor or indoor use.
The following characteristics should be considered when choosing:
- Viewing angle and focus.
These parameters depend on the purpose of surveillance. If you need a general overview of the room or yard, it is better to pick a wide-angle device. In the case of observing a specific object (entrance to a residential house or workplace) you need to take a long-focus device with a viewing angle of up to 45°. They are capable of clearly recognizing people’s faces. A good option is a varifocal video camera. These models are capable of changing the focal length of the camera within a range of 2.8-12 mm, and therefore the viewing angle. The device can be adjusted to meet the needs of the situation. Nowadays, such models do not cost much more than fixed focal length models.
- Analog or Digital.
Analog products record video in NTSC or PAL format, and they can transmit it directly to the monitor or TV. Recording requires a connection to a video recorder or computer. Modern analog models of the AHD standard, shoot with 1920×1080 (Full HD) resolution. Their advantage is low cost. If you want to make an inexpensive surveillance system for the house or small store, the system will be of good quality and cheap. What are the parameters for choosing analog options? All the same as in IP cameras. Digital IP-cameras are more expensive but have more features, and potentially offer a higher resolution.
- Light sensitivity.
Ambient light exposure during the day is constantly fluctuating. Consider what the light levels are. In the daytime, in different rooms, there can be a light value of 30-1500 lux, artificial light can be much higher. Outdoors, from 1 lux at dusk to 5,000 lux in cloudy weather and up to 100,000 lux in sunny weather. You need to choose a camera with as high sensitivity value as possible. Minimum sensitivity should not be more than 0.01 lux. Automatic iris adjustment is mandatory. This is especially important for the best wired security camera system.
- WDR technology.
This is what is known as dynamic range support. Allows you to get a distinguishable image in uneven lighting conditions. In such lighting, a model without WDR will have some areas darkened, while others will be illuminated. The model with WDR will provide a quality picture with distinguishable details. The technology is used in expensive cameras. Inexpensive cameras have only a rough approximation of this technology.
- IR illumination.
It is obligatory for night shooting. For indoor applications, a range of five-ten meters is usually sufficient. But for the street, you need to select models with a range of at least 30-50 m. If more is desirable, you need to install an infrared illuminator.
The presence of any of the additional or basic options: NVR, CHAN, PIR Sensor, DIY, etc. are also important technical criteria for the right choice.
Recommendations for Buying the Best Wired Security Camera System with Audio.
First of all, before you buy the best wired security camera system, it is important to examine the condition of the packaging, the reviews, the product itself, the system cost, and the completeness of the package delivered. This is what we recommend paying attention to when buying first.
- There should be all the cables for self-installation.
- Digital versions are better, but for a private house or small business, when considering cost, analog models of higher resolution (Full HD) are suitable.
- Before you choose an IP camera, note that for outdoor application, a hidden camera is preferable. However, if you want to scare away intruders with video surveillance, then an ordinary camera will do. The point is that even if you disable one, they will not be sure that there isn’t another camera hidden somewhere they can’t see.
- A hardwired system eliminates loop formation, or data packet loss during recording due to fixed line cabling.
- You should not choose a sensor only by the number of megapixels. Find out what resolution corresponds to the best sensitivity.
- When installing a single camera, it is better to take a standalone model with a memory card, preferably wireless.
- The number of frames should be at least 24 per second.
- Do not buy too cheap, but do not go for the most expensive ones either.
Best Outdoor Wired Security Camera System with DVR.
The abbreviation DVR (Digital Video Recorder) stands for Digital Video Recorder. This device is used to record, store, and playback colors and monochrome video streams. DVR cameras are used in stationary and mobile video surveillance systems. The signal is transmitted to the recorder through cables connected to the cameras. The received data is converted into graphic information, which is compressed using a special algorithm. Then the video stream is recorded on digital media.
When a monitor is connected the user can see the processed video file. The information can also be viewed remotely.
The best wired security camera system with DVR is used for video surveillance at the following example sites:
- Private Homes.
- Parking Lots.
- Check Points.
- Gas Stations.
- Industrial Plants.
The main components of the video recorder include a processor, analog-to-digital converter, control board, and data storage device. The device is controlled by an operating system.
There are the following types of DVR cameras:
- Network video recorder, designed to work with IP video cameras.
- Hybrid recorder (compatible with analog and digital cameras).
- Personal computer, used as a video recorder via software.
- Recorders for analog only cameras.
- Recording devices designed to be installed on vehicles (cars, boats, etc.).
Modern video recorders can be connected to computer networks. Video recording devices are characterized by the number of input channels, resolution, type of compression used, and other parameters. IP cameras and a variety of outside peripherals can be connected to DVRs.
Best Outdoor Wired Security Camera System 2016.
The best wired security camera system with a varifocal lens was this item CarCam Cam-880, it was the top option in 2016. The device features a 4x optical zoom that zooms in on the object being monitored, with mountings which makes it easy to set up the right viewing angle.
The camera is equipped with IR illumination of 40 m, providing a high-quality image in the absence of light. Automatic switchover to black and white mode is included. The high-quality metal of which the camera is made makes it highly resistant to temperature fluctuations. This model works in temperatures from – 40 ° to +60 °, while it is sealed to protect against moisture and dust.
It is easily synchronized with Android, Microsoft or iOS apps via smartphone allowing control by the user from anywhere in the world. The recording is done via cloud storage or on a memory card.
Key features of the best wired security camera system 2016:
- Maximum resolution: 1920*1080.
- Number of megapixels: 2.
- Lens: zoom.
- Infrared illumination length: 40m.
- Horizontal viewing angle: 94°.
- Viewing angle of the camera vertically: 50°.
- Video is captured with great quality: you can see the features of a person’s face clearly, easy to set up and operate.
- The camera provides a wide view of everyone who was on your property, capturing all elements due to its wide viewing lens.
- Poor noise reduction when it’s dark.
The LinkVideo Mini Dome all-in-one dome camera with cloud recording will fit perfectly inside your apartment, detached home, or vacation home and can also be used for external surveillance. The best wired security camera system of 2021 and previous years features online viewing via its mobile app or within a browser. Records and archives to cloud storage and provides secure data storage. Cloud storage rates depend on the number of days of archival storage. Records video in high-resolution Full HD (1920×1080). Night-time recording and visibility up to 25 m in a total absence of light are possible.
Motion sensors record what’s going on and send signals to a smartphone or email, record sound and send voice messages. Installed in ten minutes, everything you need for installation is included. Touted to have vandal protection and protection against dust and moisture.
- Maximum resolution: 1920*1080.
- Number of megapixels: 2.
- Lens: fixed.
- Viewing angle: 80 degrees.
- Length of infrared illumination: 25 m.
- Easy to install.
- Rugged metal housing.
- Good motion sensing response.
- Also perfect for monitoring property in the yard at night.
- Not enough cable length included.
Best wired 1080p security camera system 2017.
A Dome camera was released in 2017, originally designed for outdoor surveillance. But because of its compact size, lightweight metal housing, multi-format images, and wide operating temperature range, it is often used indoors.
The main advantage of the camera Dahua DH-HAC-HDW1230TLP-A-0280B is the ability to transmit the data stream with a normal TV cable over long distances without amplification of the signal, which greatly simplifies the installation of the system. The low cost allows the camera to seriously compete not only with analog cameras but also IP-system based video surveillance due to the reduced cabling costs, as well as the best outdoor video surveillance cameras of 2017.
- Maximum resolution:1920*1080.
- Number of megapixels: 2.
- Lens: Dome.
- Infrared illumination length: 30m.
- Viewing angle: 2.8 mm.
- Supports four modern video formats: HDCVI (format for Dahua recorders), CVBS (analog image with 700TVL resolution), AHD (for recorders with AHD technology), TVI (format for Hikvision recorders), excellent shooting quality.
- Fees and subscriptions are not required for continued use.
- Outdoors in low light and with no other objects around, the camera sees less than the promised 30m.
- Complex wiring circuit.
Best wired security camera system 2018.
You can combine up to 4 analog cameras and up to 8 IP cameras in one set. They are not very large and due to the white colors and elongated shape are potentially lost against the general background. This model from 2018 allows you to monitor in real-time and record everything that happens manually or on a schedule. The convenience of management is due to the possibility of remote access to devices via smartphone, tablet, PC.
This model has built-in infrared illumination, allowing effective surveillance of night time scenes, but its coverage is less than 20 meters. High-quality, detailed images in all light conditions are guaranteed by the high-resolution 1080p video recording. The kit includes everything you need to organize your surveillance area – a recorder, cables, mouse, adapter, cameras and screws.
- Remote control.
- Withstands minus temperatures.
- The connecting wire is 20 m long, which does not require the plug to be installed close to the outlet.
- Number of outputs – 5 pcs.
- High-quality metal body of the camera.
- Viewing angle – 62 degrees.
- No remote control.
Set IPKIT2 MP ALFA – this was the best video surveillance kit of 2018, within its category of fully functioning home solutions. Control can be maintained either on or off-site, depending on the user’s needs, via the dedicated control center. This kit would often be installed on commercial sites: apartments, private houses, offices, warehouses, workshops, cottages. The benefit of this system is the high resolution of the IP cameras, 1080p or 2 megapixels, which gives a clear picture of the monitored area.
The kit is inexpensive and good value, due to the fact that it includes 4 cameras – 2 of which are designed for outdoor installation, the other 2 for indoor surveillance. The first is adapted for use in humid conditions, so they can normally withstand light rain and humidity. They are combined into a system with 4 cables, each with a length of 20 meters, which is enough to organize monitoring of large areas. It is a worthy competitor for the best wired security camera system of 2021, even though the kit was released in 2018.
- Powerful power supply.
- The set includes both outdoor and indoor cameras.
- High detail.
- Good scalability.
- Recording in H.264 format.
- The warranty is only for 12 months.
Best wired outdoor security camera system 2019.
Longse Electronics Wi-Fi 041 MP.
The device has an intuitive interface and menu, making it easy to use. For smartphone users, a mobile application has been developed to provide remote access to the object. For a reasonable buy-in cost, the user receives 4 street cameras and a video recorder, which is responsible for saving the data. The absence of wires greatly simplifies the installation of the system without compromising the integrity of the premises.
The cameras have a pretty decent resolution for outdoor video recording – 720p at 1 megapixel, but the recorder can record at an even higher quality – 1080p (1920×1080), which allows some space for future upgrades if necessary. The signal here is always clear, but the distance between the cameras and the control center should be no more than 100 m. The more interference in the signal path, the worse the reception will be.
- There is a video compression option.
- Reset button.
- Good signal to noise ratio: ≥52 dB.
- Excellent “see” at night.
- Transmits data via Ethernet.
- Practically no delays, their maximum duration – 0.3 sec.
- Movement is not detected immediately.
- Hardwire, making it difficult to camouflage or hide when needed.
- The timer recording does not work with an accuracy of seconds.
The best CCTV kit of 2019 makes it possible to view an object in IR-camera mode at a distance of up to 25 meters. The wireless connection here is possible due to the 3dbi antenna, hotspot, and Wi-Fi connectivity. This system is a pretty good competitor for the best wired security camera system of 2021.
Safurance Home Office CCTV system
The Safurance Home Office CCTV system features a large viewing angle of about 75 degrees. Along with a high 1080p resolution, it allows you to clearly monitor what is happening on the premises and accurately identify any potential threats. When viewing a recorded video, the picture is detailed and clear and does not change when enlarged.
Elements of this system from 2019 are protected from moisture, which allows it to be safely used on the streets. Thanks to infrared illumination, the camera can be used in the dark. The IR-emitter range is up to 30m. To control the video surveillance, there is remote access to the cameras from a computer, tablet, or smartphone, but to maintain secure systems they must run exclusively on Android or iOS.
- High-speed connection.
- Easy control.
- High-quality video.
- Record sounds.
- Perfectly complements the exterior.
- Zoom function available.
- The power consumption is 200 W.
- Hardwired, making it difficult to camouflage or hide when needed.
A characteristic feature of this model is the ability to connect both via cable and wifi.
Best Wired Security Camera System 2020.
This model from 2020 comes in an anti-vandal enclosure made in a dome form factor. It has moisture and dust protection, which meets the IP67 standard, which, together with the range of operating temperatures (from -40 to +60 degrees Celsius) makes it possible to place the camera outdoors.
The device has video analysis options (motion tracking and anti-sabotage) and a set of tools to improve the picture – DWDR, 3D, DNR, BLC. The latter removes interference in the form of lighting contrast, noise, and the influence of background lighting. ROI helps to focus on a particular area of the monitor and reduce the bitrate by reducing the resolution of the rest of the scene.
The integrated infrared illumination makes it possible to record what is happening in low light and even in pitch darkness. The model has a 6 mm lens. The camera supports Power over Ethernet (PoE). This model would be an excellent buy for building a network security system.
The camera is designed based on a highly sensitive 1/4″ CMOS sensor with a maximum resolution of 1280×720 pixels and a mainstream rate of 25 frames per second. The camera supports day/night mode and is equipped with a mechanical infrared filter for adjusting the color rendering during the day (to improve the sensitivity at night ICR is turned off).
- Moisture-proof housing in the dome form-factor, which has dust and moisture protection conforming to IP67.
- Wide operating temperature range: – 40 to +60 degrees Celsius.
- Video analysis option (motion detection and anti-sabotage).
- A set of tools to enhance the picture: DWDR, 3D, DNR, BLC.
- Integrated infrared illumination.
- Complex wiring circuit.
Next on the list is a more advanced model released in 2020 by the manufacturer HiWatch, which tops many of the ratings. The classic design of the installation involves the presence of highly durable housing and a secure attachment to the mounting surface, which gives ample protection against mechanical damage to the device.
The optical sensor allows you to record at a resolution of 2 MP 1920×1080 – enough to get a clear shot and legible recordings.
Modern backlighting technology of the surveillance area, EXIR, working on a single diode with a rectangular lens, allows you to evenly distribute the flow at night so that the recorded material has no dark zones on the edges.
Additionally, there is support for a standard set of options to enhance image quality. The ROI add-on – ensures sufficient bitrate optimization by forcing the indication of areas of high attention.
The software allows the formation of two streams to reduce the load on the transmission channel. Full compatibility with a large number of recorders and cloud storage companies is present.
- Sufficient noise suppression.
- High-intensity illumination.
- Perfectly complements the exterior decoration.
- Fees and subscriptions are not required for use.
- Good IR spectrum filter.
- No memory card support.
This top guide to surveillance cameras was compiled without taking into account such popular manufacturers as Oossxx, Defeway, Samsung, Wirepath, and although the products from these providers are excellent, they lacked the market penetration of the above brands in this area.